Astapchuk's coach: I'll change my surname from Yafimau to Idiot
13:57, — Sport
Journalists called the coach who allegedly dusted doping to the sportswoman's food although it was pointless, and Nadzeya as well.
It has been informed at the press-conference on "Astapchuk case" that the "pre-historical" doping was dusted into Nadzeya Astapchuk's food in the training camp. By... the sportswoman's coach Alyaksandr Yafimau.
It turns out that a respectable Belarusian coach lost his mind! It was no practical sense to dust doping in Nadzeya's food. Euroradio journalist visited Raubichy where the doping was allegedly added, and realized that it was not easy to dust the powder into the sportswoman's food without her knowing it.
"Euroradio" called Alyaksandr Yafimau.
"Don't read the Internet or the newspapers! I would better refrain from comments by now," - the coach says.
- Mr. Alyaksandr, they say that you confessed...
- Aha… (sarcastically)
…I wasn't confident in the results so I dusted it...
- I will change my surname from Yafimau to Idiot. I will give you no more comments at this stage.
- So you deny that you added doping to her food? Is it a lie?
- I am not saying I deny anything. I am just saying that I will change my surname. Let us wait for the decision of the International Federation and then comment. Then I will say what I said and what I didn't…
So journalists called Nadzeya Astapchuk and asked whether she knew about her coach's confessions and whether the coach had ever said anything like that.
"I don't know all this yet, I was out of Minsk and I am just coming home...," - she said.
Write your comment (30)
- NADA: Doping in food of Astapchuk was added by her coach
- Coaches will be appointed as guilty for the failure in Olympic