Lyavon Volski: Compromise is not acceptable
12:15, — Politics
Banned concert of "Krambambulya" at the festival "Kamyanitsa" was the last straw.
"Krambambulya" leader tells whether he begged on his knees in the BT offices and where his "stupid childish curiosity" led him.
- Whose decision it was that “Krambambulya” should not play at “Kamianica” – the band’s or the organizers’?
- What do you mean, "Whose decision?" The decision was taken, by I don’t know whom. The band’s director talked to the organizers, I cannot take responsibility and transmit exactly what they told her. One thing I can say is that the decision not to play was not ours!
- But the organizers gave some comments in the media, from which it follows that it was you who declined their request, in order to demonstrate your position.
- I will not lie, even for the sake of friendship or something like that. We have not taken the decision not to play. Yes, it is an absolutely logical and simple chain: I and two musicians from the "Krambambulya" played at the BPF office in a concert of solidarity with political prisoners and then something happened to our participation in "Kamianica." And they told us that we could have postponed our performance at this "Solidarity with political prisoners
- However, you posted in the social networks that this situation can no longer be tolerated! What does this mean to you personally?
- It means that I once went to Pralyaskouski.
- So what, it was five years ago!
- Whatever! We have a lifetime to adjust, trying to somehow make sense of any trends: first for the Communists, then - for the regime. I think the time has come to put all things in the right places. You see, it was possible to compromise when our videos to "Song of Love" or "Guests" which were unconditional hits, could be played on the national television, and thousands of people could see them, so ... That is, there was something to fight for and to agree to the compromise. Now that we have narrowed to "apartment" concerts, I do not see any reason to do it at all.
- I have a feeling that you have come to "a day of penance." But is there something to repent for you? Well, you went to Pralyaskouski, so what...
- Not that I really repented and sprinkled ashes onto my head. As for Pralyaskouski, I went to him because of a stupid childish curiosity – I wanted to go and see the "Residence of the Evil", to see what's inside this administration.
- Well, what else do you have in your biography? Did you beg on your knees before the BT so they would show your videos?
- Of course, not. However, this led to nothing as you see – the prohibition is now stricter than before.