Security guard charged in deadly supermarket attack absconds
13:33, — crime
A supermarket's security guard charged over a deadly attack on a customer has fled justice.
News website charter97.org said it on Wednesday with reference to the Minsk office of the Investigative Committee.
The suspect was not taken into custody as his actions were initially viewed as unintentional and he expressed readiness to cooperate with investigators after the incident, said the report.
The man's whereabouts are currently not known. He has been placed on the wanted list of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The security guard is suspected of inflicting a deadly injury on Ivan Hubar, a 27-year-old married father-of-one, this past summer.
Mr. Hubar was reportedly beaten up by the security guard at the entrance to the Volgograd supermarket and fell into a coma on June 30. “Eyewitnesses said that the security guard had thrown him down to the ground from a height of one meter,” the man’s mother told news websites in July. “Someone said that a crack had been heard during the beating.”
Mr. Hubar died of a severe brain injury on August 8.
The suspect has been charged with deliberately causing severe bodily harm that resulted in death due to carelessness.