Azarenka still second in WTA ranking after Australian Open quarterfinal exit
10:09, — Sport
Belarus’ Victoria Azarenka has retained second place in the WTA ranking, while winner of the Australian Open China’s Na Li moved into third.
World No.1 Serena Williams of the U.S., who was beaten in the last 16 of the Australian Open, is first, while Victoria Azarenka, who finished the competition in the quarterfinal, is second with 6,581 points.
The top ten tennis players in the WTA ranking are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 13,000
2. Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) 6,581
3. Na Li (China) 6,570
4. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,750
5. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 5,416
6. Petra Kvitova (the Czech Republic) 4,745
7. Sara Errani (Italy) 4,440
8. Jelena Jankovic (Serbia) 4,310
9. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 4,030
10. Simona Halep (Romania) 3,760.
Belarus’ Olga Govortsova, who was knocked out of the Australian Open after the second round, moved up from 98th into 96th place.
Spain’s Rafael Nadal tops the men’s ranking. In the Australian Open final he lost to Switzerland’s Stanislas Wawrinka who jumped to third place and became the top tennis player in Switzerland.
Ten best players in the ATP ranking are as follows:
1. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 14,330,
2. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 10,620
3. Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,710
4. Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5,370
5. David Ferrer (Spain) 5,280
6. Andy Murray (UK) 4,720
7. Tomas Berdych (the Czech Republic) 4,540
8. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 4,355
9. Richard Gasquet (France) 3,050
10. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) 2,885.
Yegor Gerasimov, in 252nd, is the best Belarusian player in the ranking (184 points). In the ATP doubles rankings Max Mirnyi is 26th.
Next weekend Max Mirnyi, Yegor Gerasimov, Dmitry Zhirmont and Alexander Buryi play Ireland in the Davis Cup at the Sports Palace.
Write your comment (11)