Azarenka out of WTA top three
14:04, — Sport
Belarus’ best tennis player Victoria Azarenka ranks 4th in the latest edition of the WTA Rankings.
The player has left the top three of the world’s rating for the first time since October 2011.
Victoria Azarenka lost her second position after failing to retain her champion title she won in Doha a year ago. This time the Belarusian withdrew from the competitions in the capital of Qatar due to her leg injury. The victory in Qatar Total Open 2014 was claimed by Romania’s Simona Halep. Now Victoria Azarenka has been taken on by China’s Na Li and Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska.
The top ten players, according to the WTA ranking, are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (USA) - 13,380 points
2. Na Li (China) 6,690
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,705
4. Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) 5,681
5. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 5,206
6. Petra Kvitova (the Czech Republic) 4,710
7. Jelena Jankovic (Serbia) 4,310
8. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 4,490
9. Simona Halep (Romania) 4,435
10. Sara Errani (Italy) 4,390.
Belarus’ Olga Govortsova climbed four spots up from 98th to 94th. Alexandra Sasnovich is at the 150th position with 428 points, Ilona Kremen is 242nd (230 points).
The men’s rating top three include Spain’s Rafael Nadal, Serbia’s Novak Djokovic and Switzerland’s Stanislas Wawrinka. The best Belarusian tennis player is Yegor Gerasimov (259th). Vladimir Ignatik is 315th while Dmitry Zhyrmont goes 323rd. In the men’s doubles Max Mirnyi and Mikhail Youzhny of Russia are 9th.