Maidan sotniks get ready for FSB provocations on May 1 and 9
14:58, — Europa
The central council of Maidan sotnias is getting ready to counter provocations during May holidays.
Sotniks of Maidan have informed about that at a press-conference, UNIAN informs.
“As for May 1 and 9 and the days between them, we are getting ready for these events. Due to yesterday’s events (a torchlight procession which ended in a fight on Maidan) we have realized that there are people inside Maidan who work directly for the FSB of Russia, they are groups of people on Maidan who are being paid, and they belong to far-right groups,” said the representative of the Central council of Maidan sotnias called Spartak.
The chief of the security department of Maidan Oleg Bolshoi noted that a night-time curfew has been introduced on Maidan, and besides any mass events held in Kyiv or on Maidan should be approved by the Central council of Maidan sotnias, the Maidan headquarters and the commandant’s office.
Besides, it is forbidden to carry arms and to cover one’s face on Maidan.
The yesterday’s events had been aimed at discrediting Maidan, and a message had been prepared for Russian TV channels on the part of extremists that neo-Nazi are allegedly present here on Maidan,” Spartak believes.
A representative of Maidan’s self-defence Taras in his turn observed that before the torchlight procession was about to happen, two subversive groups were detected, and they had weapons to set fire: bottles with mixtures and certain types of weapons.
“The information about a planned torch-lit parade was given to the SBU. Yesterday a deputy Interior Affairs Minister of Ukraine Mikola Velichkovich who kept this affair under control, was present at Maidan,” he said.
We remind that yesterday the unknown in masks provoked a mass fight on Maidan of Independence. Several persons have been injured.