Russian march not authorized by Minsk city authorities
12:53, — Society
Neither Minsk police nor Minsk city authorities received an application from Russian fans, who intended to hold a procession in the center of Minsk on 9 May.
“No one applied for such a procession. That is why there is no subject for conversation”, - an informed source close to the organizational committee for holding the festive events in Minsk told Interfax-West news agency on Monday.
As it was earlier reported, last week first deputy Minister of Culture of Belarus Uladzimir Karacheuski stated to journalists in Minsk that the fans of the Russia national team, who wanted to make a procession along the streets of Minsk on 9 May – the day the Ice Hockey World Championship starts, should agree this issue with Belarus’ Ministry of Interior.
“Authorization must be obtained for any procession. This issue lies in the competence of the MIA and Minsk city executive committee’s ideology department”, - he said.
Earlier the fans of the Russian team claimed their intention to walk in an organized column along the streets of the Belarusian capital on the day of the opening of the Ice Hockey World Championship, which coincides with the Victory Day.
Write your comment (36)